We recognise that accountability and transparency in fundraising are vital. We follow the Fundraising Regulator’s* Code of Fundraising Practice and make the commitments below to our supporters.
*Please note that the Fundraising Regulator is the new body which sets and maintains the standards for charitable fundraising in the United Kingdom. It ensures that fundraising is respectful, open, honest and accountable to the public. It was established on 07/07/16 and is due to announce more information soon. We will update this page as soon as possible when this is available.
We are committed to maintaining high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that anyone helping Remembering Not to Forget to raise funds (i.e. trustees and volunteers) complies with the Code and with this Promise.
- We comply with the law of England and Wales, including those laws that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do. If for any reason we have to change our plans, we’ll let you know.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please contact us or visit our website if you require further details.
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and where the money you donate goes.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a donation and/or amend a regular commitment.
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignity and privacy of our supporters and beneficiary organisations.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a donation and if you do not want to give, or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints procedure (see below). If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication.
Fundraising Complaints Procedure
Remembering Not to Forget welcomes feedback on how we can improve our fundraising processes and we take complaints very seriously.
You can make a complaint to us directly using our contact form.
We will acknowledge all complaints within 5 working days and give a more detailed response (if needed) within 20 working days. If you’re not entirely happy with the way we have handled your concern, you can make a further complaint to the Chair of our Board of trustees Laura Lombard Click to see email address or to the Fundraising Regulator.
Read more about the Fundraising Regulator’s guidance on making a complaint about a fundraising approach.