Remembering Not to Forget is a small charity established at the end of 2013 to support people impacted by dementia. Co-founders Laura and Ali both have experience of close family members living with dementia. We know how difficult it is to see someone you love affected by this condition. We wanted to do something to support other families facing a diagnosis of dementia.
Our charitable objects are:
- To relieve the needs and promote and protect the good health of people living with dementia, their carers and families in such ways as the trustees may think fit.
- To protect and promote the health of the public in particular by the funding of research into the nature, causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and care of all forms of dementia
We raise funds through a combination of sponsored physical challenges undertaken by trustees and supporters, participation events and general donations. We also encourage individuals and organisations to fundraise in aid of Remembering Not to Forget.
Our mission is:
The Remembering Not to Forget mission is to support people impacted by dementia.
Part of this process involves raising funds which are distributed to organisations which:
- Promote and protect the good health of people living with dementia, e.g. helping people with dementia to live independently for as long as possible, and as the disease progresses ensuring they have a good quality of life and receive high standards of care.
- Provide support to families and carers of people living with dementia.
- Carry out research into the nature, causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and care of all forms of dementia.
- Campaign on dementia issues.
We support organisations working both nationally and those with a focus on Somerset and the South West, as both Laura and Ali are originally from Somerset. Read more about the organisations we are supporting.
Making a donation is quick and easy, please support our cause by donating whatever you can.
Trustees research and select organisations to support, distributing grants on an annual basis. However, organisations which work in line with our charitable purposes (outlined above) and are seeking funds are also invited to get in touch. Read about how we have distributed the funds raised so far.
Remembering Not to Forget is run by volunteers, and so has no running costs. All of the funds raised are distributed as grants. Read more about our fundraising.
We are a Registered Charity No. 1166415.
View our key documents:
For 2017 and 2018 accounts please contact us.