Current distance covered
CHALLENGE COMPLETED! Well done to all our participants for helping us cover 2 laps of the Earth via human powered travel.
Thanks to your help we achieved the challenge of covering the distance of the equator on 23 July 2017. So we will be looking to double up the challenge and complete a second lap. Keep the activities coming in!
From 1st January to 31st December 2017 we will undertake a Round the World challenge. We aim to cover the distance of the equator (24,902 miles or 40,076 km) through ‘self- powered travel’; primarily cycling, running and swimming. We need your help to do this!
We’ve designed this challenge so that there are lots of easy options for you to get involved and help us to raise funds (we aim to raise at least £10,000 this year) and awareness about dementia. You could:
- Take on your own challenge, contribute kilometres and raise some sponsorship
- Donate kilometres from any activity you do, without asking for sponsorship
- Publicise your activity on social media using #roundtheworldRNF
- Come along to events that we organise during the year
- Organise your own event at work, school or at your sports club
- Let friends and family know about this challenge.
…or any combination of these options! In addition, research shows that regular exercise can reduce the risk of dementia so by encouraging people to be more active we hope that we can help people reduce their risk of developing dementia in later life.
Download key information:
Links to sponsorship pages for supporters taking on their own challenges will be added here.